UK comes at 3rd place in the list of largest E-commerce markets around the world after the USA and China amongst all the European countries. According to resources, revenue through E-commerce in the UK is reached more than $170 billion by the year 2021 and growing with a rapid 3.5% rate.
Internet penetration in the UK is expected to reach above 94% which is the highest in Europe. Mobile users who love to do online shopping are 60% and by 2025 will expand to 80% approx.
If we talk about the E-commerce players in the UK then Amazon dominates approx 30% of the market followed by eBay and Sainsbury.
So, it’s a good opportunity for Indian products or we can say the Indian sellers to grab the online market in the UK.
Best selling Indian products in UK
- Apparels(Women- Silk, Suits, Jackets, Dress, Ensembles, Skirts, Divided skirts, Brace overalls & Bib), Trousers, Shorts, Breeches | Men – Trunks, T-shirts, Undergarments)
- Footwear(Outer soles of leather, plastic, rubber along with Leather & Sports shoes)
- Parts of goods of heading(8801 or 8802)
- Motor vehicles(Parts & Accessories of heading 8701 to 8705)
- Cases(Vanity, Suit, Executive, Spectacle, Musical instrument, Brief, Binocular, Camera, Holsters, Gun along with School Satchels, Traveling bags, Beverage or Insulated bags. Belts, Wallets)
- Food products (Processed- Snacks, Sweets | Grocery – Organic Pulses & Grains | Spices along with Honey)
- Ayurvedic products
- Traditional Handicrafts & Handlooms
- Gems & Pearls along with precious stones
- Organic chemicals
- Medical Equipment
- Iron & Steel(Cutlery & Utensils etc.)
- Natural cosmetics
- Fabrics & Textile(Floor mattress, Bedsheets, Cushions, Curtains)